About ChitradurgaSRE Booking takes you to the Chitradurga is famous for its Fort. The Fort build on the north eastern base of a cluster of rocky hills commenced during 10th Century A.D. Under the rule of Palegars, the fort came under the rule of Hyder Ali in 19th century later inherited by Tipu Sultan.
Chitradurga as Jogimatti 10 kms south of Chitradurga is this hill resort, situated at a height of 3803 ft. Himavatkedra, a waterfall that flows through the rocks, has created a natural cave, that has a Shiva Linga and idols of Veerabhadra and Basavanna.
Chitradurga has its name embedded in the Indian Epic, Mahabaratha. As per the epic, a man-eating giant named Hidimbasura lived in the Chitradurga hills. When Pandavas were on a exile, Bhima and the giant had a war and he killed Hidimbasura. The boulders there were used as part of the arsenal. The city rests on boulders which are the oldest rock formation in the country has it own story, so need to visit this place by SRE Booking
Chitradurga has its own story which derives its name from Chitrakaldurga. History dates Chitradurga District to the period of the Ramayana and Mahabharata. Located at the base of a chain of lofty peaks, Chitradurga is characterized by boulder-strewn landscape. The whole district lies in the valley of the Vedavati River, with the Tungabhadra river flowing in the Northwest. SRE Booking makes to find search of Chitradurga.
SRE Booking takes to the Chitradurga Fort is renowned for its name Kallina Kote / Ukinna kote / Elu Suttina kote in Kannada, which was built in parts by the Palegar Nayakas, Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan. It comprises a series of seven enclosure walls. Eighteen ancient temples can be found inside the fort. This seemingly impregnable fort has 19 gateways, 38 posterior entrances, a palace, a mosque, granaries, oil pits, four secret entrances and water tanks. The rulers of this fort built 2000 watch towers to guard and have a better look at enemies movement all the time.
SRE Booking takes you to the Tourists like Chitradurga and can visit Harihar and the Harihareshwara temple, which is 90 km away and is located on the banks of the Tungabhadra River. Trips to Hospet and Hampi, which is a world heritage sight, can also be planned from here and known as th 'Kallina Kote' (stone fortress), this town, just about 200kms north of Bangalore, features bold rock hills and picturesque valleys, huge towering boulders, Food, sight-seeing and shopping. Hotel Naveen Regency on NH4 is neat & well-maintained, with separate kitchen and restaurants for veggies and Non-veggies. Good South and North Indian foods are Activities & things to do a trek on the fort - can easily take 2-4 hours - to be started by 6 am to avoid the scorching sun later. Carry Travel tips, How to reach, travel warnings etc. Chitradurga is less than 4 hrs by car on a good 4-lane NH4 throughout. Also well-connected by buses. For Vanivilas sagar take deviation of about.
SRE Booking Chitradurga Tourism Located at the base of a chain of lofty peaks, on the highway linking Bangalore with Hospet, Chitradurga is known for its boulder-strewn landscape, which is geologically supposed to be a part of the oldest rock formations in the country. It is named after Chitrakaldurga, an umbrella-shaped lofty hill found here. Historically, Chitradurga was a part of the Vijaynagar kingdom. The area is also rich in many mineral deposits and has many gold and copper mines. Sightseeing Highlights.
SRE Booking connects to the Chitradurga is famous for its massive Kallina Kote or the stone fort, which is a great example of military architecture and has massive walls and fortifications. One can also visit the ancient monastery of Ankali Math, which has many caves, located underneath and is an ancient Buddhist vihara. A tour of Chitradurga also includes the valley of Chandravalli. It is an ancient archeological site and coins, inscriptions, ruins, and stone images belonging to the Hoysala-Kadamba and Satavahana period have been discovered here.
Other Activities Tourists can visit Harihar and the Harihareshwara temple, which is 90 km away and is located on the banks of the Tungabhadra River. Trips to Hospet and Hampi, which is a world heritage sight, can also be planned from here.
Book online bus tickets to Chitradurga by SRE Booking
About MysoreYou can make possible with SRE Booking to visit Mysore is the second largest city in the state of Karnataka, India. It is the headquarters of the Mysore district and the Mysore division and lies in southwest of Bangalore, the capital of Karnataka. The name Mysore is an anglicised version of Mahishuru, which means the abode of Mahisha. Mahisha stands for Mahishasura, a demon from Hindu mythology. The city is spread and is situated at the base of the Chamundi Hills.Mysore is famous for the festivities that take place during the Dasara festival when the city receives a large number of tourists. Mysore also lends its name to the Mysore mallige, Mysore style of painting, the sweet dish Mysore Pak, Mysore Peta (traditional silk turban) and the garment called the Mysore silk saree. In an exercise carried out by the Urban Development Ministry under the national urban sanitation policy, Mysore was rated the second cleanest city in India in 2010 and the most cleanest in Karnataka.
You can visit Mysore through SRE Booking and is a tourism hot spot within the state of Karnataka and also acts as a base for other tourist places in the vicinity of the city. The city receives the maximum number of tourists during the period of the Dasara festival when festivities take place for a period of 10 days. One of the most visited monuments in India, the Ambavilas Palace (also known as Mysore Palace) is the center of the Dasara festivities.Austin Railcar inside the Railway Museum, Mysore Fountains at Brindavan Gardens at night
The Jaganmohana Palace, the Jayalakshmi Vilas and the Lalitha Mahal are some of the other palaces in the city. Chamundeshwari Temple, atop the Chamundi Hills and St. Philomena's Church are popular religious places in Mysore. This can be possible by making a route with SRE Booking .The Mysore Zoo, established in 1892, and the Karanji and Kukkarahalli lakes are also popular spots for tourists. Museums in Mysore include the Regional Museum of Natural History, the Folk Lore Museum, the Railway Museum and the Oriental Research Institute. The city is also a centre for yoga-related health tourism that attracts lot of foreign visitors as well. These places can be visited by SRE Booking make the journey more comfortable.
A short distance from Mysore city is the Krishnarajasagar Dam and the adjoining Brindavan Gardens where a musical fountain show is held in the evening. Places of historic importance lying close to Mysore are Srirangapatna, Somanathapura and Talakad. The hills, B R Hills and Himavad Gopalaswamy Betta and the hill stations of Ooty and Madikeri are all near Mysore. Popular destinations for wildlife enthusiasts near Mysore include the National Parks at Bandipur and Nagarhole, the wildlife sanctuaries at Melkote and B R Hills and the bird sanctuaries at Ranganathittu and Kokrebellur. Other tourist spots near Mysore include the religious locations of Nanjanagud and Bylakuppe and the waterfalls at Shivanasamudra. This historic places can be viewed by SRE Booking
Buses SRE Booking run every 5 minutes from Bangalore. There is a choice of airconditioned and ordinary vehicles. During the weekends, these buses can fill up, but most do not allow you to purchase your tickets in advance. However, buses to Mysore board constantly so finding a bus with seats is never a problem. The SRE Booking buses are very comfortable, especially the Volvo (Luxury) buses.
Frequent bus service SRE Booking is available to all major tourist of the city. Volvo airconditioned buses are also available ten, Infosys, and to some major residential areas.
SRE Booking provides the facility to travel from bangalore to mysore in which mysore place contains the following.
1) Mysore Palace- Intricately carved rosewood doors and ceilings some with inlaid ivory work, marble figurines, collections of caskets, paintings of the members of the royal family and other objects of personal use exhibit such opulence, though age as worn them out a bit with slight discolouration
2) Brindavan Gardens and Musical Fountain at the Krishna Raja Sagar Dam. Nice garden full of fountains, in the neighbourhood of Mysore. At 7PM the "musical fountain" light and music show begins.
3) Chamundi Hills, inquire for various service timings at temple. has a temple of Goddess Chamundeshwari (or Chamundi). The huge Nandi statue on the mountain is also well known. The Hills are 3300 Feet above sea level and are known for their wild life like leopards, but trekking is safe, and facilities to climb to the top are available. Atop the hill, Goddess Chamundi's idol is placed in a beautiful temple with marvelous architecture. It is a plastic free zone. Rs. 20 for regular queue (typically longer) . Rs 100 for shorter queue.
4) Jagmohan Palace and Art Gallery. A former palace that has been converted into a wonderful art gallery featuring famous works by various Indian artists.
5) Lalit Mahal Palace also a former palace but now a five star hotel, visitors should go around afternoon tea time as they serve a great British high tea.
6) St. Philomenas Church. A beautiful Cathedral, reminiscent of medieval architectural style,is one of the largest churches in the country. Built in the gothic style,the Church is an imposing structure with stained glass windows and lofty towers.
7) Mysore Zoo is one of the city’s most popular attractions. It was established under royal patronage in 1892, making it one of the oldest zoos in the world, and since then millions of people have enjoyed its wonderful animals and spectacular grounds. The zoo has a very successful breeding program and houses animals from more than 40 different countries and there are many native Indian animals as well, including Royal Bengal tigers, white tigers, elephants, giraffe, fallow deer, Himalayan black bear, Gaur (Indian bison), white peafowl and African rhino. The zoo is also home to many other exotic creatures from around the world like Branary sheep, giraffe, hippos and gorillas. The zoo also encompasses Karanji Lake, which attracts several species of migratory birds during the breeding season including painted storks, pelicans and darters. Other attractions include the botanical Garden with 35 species of exotic ornamental plants and 85 species of trees from India and abroad. Rs.30 for adults, Rs. 10 for children over 5.
8) Karanji Kere. is a small lake inside the city.You can go for a small trip of boating.The lake is sorrounded by green trees and you can also see various variety of birds like pelicans and painted storks on the island in Karanji kere. In local language Kere means Lake and thus a Lake by the name of Karanji is called as Karanji Kere.
Book online bus tickets to Mysore by SRE Booking.